In a Nutshell:
Your role will be to assist the Accountant in full sets of accounts functions (AP/AR/GL) and other Adhoc duties.
A day in the life of...
• Receive invoices and other accounts payable documentation, check and confirm liability for payment.
• Obtain authorisation for payment from appropriate people, allocate expenditure to the correct budget and cost center and ensure weekly and monthly payment runs are completed on time, adhering to all controls.
• Establish and maintain strong working relationships with our major suppliers. Work collaboratively to improve work practices and processing efficiencies.
• Follow through on all accounts payable related queries from suppliers and team members.
• Maintain records of documents processed for ready access (hard copy and electronic) and produce various reports according to operating procedures.
• Process all team member expense claims and clubs petty cash reimbursement in line with guidelines.
• Preparing invoices to external customers
• Processing of refunds and performing validation process
• Reconciliation between funds received and telemoney reports
• Assist with the month end accounting procedures and with the preparation of month end reports and reconciliations as required.
• Other ad-hoc finance requests
To land this gig... and your ongoing mindset
• You have 2+ years of relevant experience or relevant business-related education
• It's an added advantage if you have some prior experience in the implementation of finance policies and changes to accounting software.
• You have prior experience in Microsoft Dynamics and Business 365, however, this is a nice to have.
• You have aligned experience. You know what it’s like to work with a high profile consumer brand across multiple sites and/or companies.
• You’re used to handling really sensitive info and you’re super organized.
• You immerse yourself in the detail and are known for being meticulous and accurate.
• You are people-focused.
• Self-driven, both personally and professionally.
• You’re warm, honest, and genuine.
• You listen intently.
• You speak eloquently.
• You are driven. You’re perceptive, you ask questions and you strive to understand.
• You enjoy solving problems. You don’t get flustered easily.
What success looks like:
• Be Yourself – be who you really are
• Go Together – work together as one team
• Work Hard – jump in and get your hands dirty
• Dream Big – reach for the sky
And the additional key result areas for you…
• Employee Experience – Connect with our finance team and our clubs… in a way that maximises our employee experience
• Member Experience – champions the member experience to maximise love levels
• Financial Performance – be able to see the business holistically and drive efficiency and payment process.
What we offer you:
• One of the world’s most recognised and exciting brands
• A culture that’s all about making exercise irresistible
• A journey mapped out for you to develop your career
• A place where you can let your personality shine
• A free membership for you to workout at our clubs (and one for your buddy after 12 months)
• Discounted personal training
• Special deals with our retail and service partners
• Paid parental leave to spend time with your new little human
• Paid training and regular personal and professional development
• Fun. It’s part of our success. We prefer smiles to graphs. We like to be human rather than corporate.