Limited and Rare JDM RX-8 Type RS
This model was released in parallel with the RX-8 facelift models (type S late 2008-2009). Differences being the factory supplied Recaro sport seats, a set of 19" forged BBS rims (not pictured but very well kept and will go along with car), and a more unique body kit (factory) as compared to the type S. It also spots a quicker steering rack and factory installed Bilstein sports suspension but the latter has already been switched out to the Autoexe street suspension.
Other standard items would be : 2 * air bags, ABS and Traction Control, keyless entry and a well working AC unit of course.
Why the rotary?
This is a culture-find. no other combustion engine will ever compare in terms of linearity and smoothness, ease and simplicity of maintenance.... and it's all about the Revs!!! It's really a car that rewards regular use unfettered care.
I'm the 3rd owner of the car but I've owned it for the past 8 years including renewing it's current PQP.
Car is driven daily and serviced regularly with servicing records.
Car condition/state and list of modifications:
Not much really. I've been trying to preserve her as much in her original state as possible. only add-ons come in the form of the following:
- RE amemiya Battery Relocation Kit ( the rotaries have a difficult time dissipating heat in our dense, hot and humid weather).. thus this is a must for efficient cooling and engine preservation.
- Autoexe steet suspension kit - plush and relatively planted
- Defi ZD monitoring system with spoilt display (everything else is working!!)
- Pioneer P-99RS Head Unit paired with a 4 channel focal amp and a mini-sub for in-car-sound
- Pro-drive GC08 18" forged rims (pictured and on car). I got this set of rims as an alternate set of daily drive so I could preserve the BBS 19")
- Engine overhaul done at 190,000KMs (about 2000km clocked since)
Other Sale Conditions:
Current Number Plate will not be Sold with the car
10 years 5 months
23 Dec 2028
Estimated based on MAS guidelines of min 30% downpayment.
Please check with the seller for actual terms!