Getting to know more:
• You will support your manager by performing day-to-day operational tasks as required, in order to ensure our delivery operations run smoothly
• You will also support special projects and initiatives headed by the management that aims to improve operational processes and achieve business objectives, while at the same time provide your own inputs and potentially lead your own initiatives and projects.
• You will be working Night Shift (12:00mn – 9:00am).
• Depending on business requirements, you might have to switch between Day (8:00am –5:00pm) and Night shift with 2 days rest prior to the switch. This switch will only happen if business needs arises and will never happen more than once within 2 months.
• From time to time, you might be required to perform overtime. You will be compensated with time off for substantial overtime.
Job Roles and Responsibilities:
Driver and Delivery Management
• Address driver issues (customer complaints, feedback, problems faced while performing collection and delivery tasks)
• Work allocation for drivers
• Interview and conduct driver training and evaluation
• Prepare and process documents for deliveries
• Support the Operations team in optimizing and improving current delivery processes and systems
• Ability to make decisions and solve problems that arise during operations while being aligned to the company protocol and best interests
• Stand in as a back-up driver in contingencies to perform urgent deliveries or ad-hoc tasks (Class 3 Licence required)
• Act as a custodian of the warehouse and be accountable and responsible for the inventory management, inventory movements, and give inputs for inventory forecasts
• Understand the company’s products and occasionally perform putaway and picking of products from the warehouse
• Support the Operations team in optimizing and improving current warehousing processes and systems
• Create further value propositions within the company by exploring and executing synergies and special cross-functional projects with other functions (sales, finance, etc.) as well as externally (with suppliers, customers, other partners, etc.)
• Support and lead restructuring and growth of the transportation, warehousing and distribution functions, both locally and overseas
You will be reporting directly to the Operations Manager.